Thursday, April 26, 2012

Celebrating Poetry

As I mentioned yesterday (yes, my brain is on overdrive as papers and portfolios pile up around me so I'm sorta kinda procrastinating to give me fresh eyes), today is Poem in Your Pocket Day. I posted a link to the poem I'm carrying around today (in truth, I've been carrying it in my purse for a few weeks now...but that's a different and not so interesting story). 

So here are a random sampling of poems for you.  Enjoy!


My writer friends will likely either love Taylor Mali's "The The Impotence of Proofreading" or have an aneurysm:



And here's a glimpse of my (apparently conventional, almost textbook Literature Geek) high school self...I loved Dorothy Parker's "Resume" in high school. I'm disconcerted by this video, though:


A perennial favorite of mine is William Wordsworth's "The World Is Too Much with Us."

And I've come to the end of my allotted free time, even though there are so many other poems I'd like to point you to.

So...what's your favorite poem?

No comments:

Post a Comment