Sunday, November 11, 2012

I'm not dead...

Hubby and I went to see the film ARGO today.  First, I was amazed at how long it's been since we saw a grown-up film (I said "grown-up," not "adult." Keep your mind out of the gutter!).  We've seen a plethora of kid-friendly movies, but that's not at all the same thing.  I would recommend ARGO.  It was competently done and seemed very true to the period (late 70s-early 80s).  It also, I think, seemed realistic about the politics of the situation.  I was so young during the actual hostage crisis that I remember very little of it, except for the fact that it was nightly news. 

Second, the Kid has been very interested in using clay, Legos, and my camera to make little stop-motion videos.  They're rough, as you might expect, but I'm impressed by his creativity.

And now, back to grading...

No comments:

Post a Comment