Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Ahem...Imagery

Okay, so I'm swamped.  And today I'm collecting literary analysis papers from two sections.  So I'll continue to be swamped for a while.

But I stumbled across this sardonic gem about the use of imagery, in poetry and in general, and had to share.  I can't remember what the program is that creates this video, but it can be used to covert text to animation...and I suspect the series by EnglishAdvisingBear is brilliant in a dark, depressing, horribly cynical way.

Totally tongue-in-cheek and frighteningly astute. I do want to yell from the mountaintops, "This has GREAT imagery." But I'm too demanding about what "great" constitutes. 

All creative writers use imagery...the images we use say a lot about who we are and how we think. And on that note, I'm going back to work...and trying to ignore what the images I use in my writing say about me...

No comments:

Post a Comment